- 6oz Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 3oz Butter or Marg (marg actually works better)
- 2 eggs
- 1 shot of espresso (or 1 tsp of instant espresso powder in 2 tsbp of hot water)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- grease and four a 6-cake cupcake pan and preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Cream together Butter and sugar until light and pale
- Add eggs 1 at a time and beat until combined
- Whisk spices and baking soda into the flour in a separate bowl
- Add cocoa powder to espresso
- Alternately add flour mixutre and espresso misture to cake batter
- drop walnuts to the bottom of each cupcake mould. equally divide the cupcake batter into the mould and place in your oven for 20 minutes, or until risen and golden.
- remove these buns from the oven and turn onto a cooling rack.
- These buns are served upside down so the walnuts are on display.