Recipe from Akis KItchen
Makes 8 cruffins
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 180 g lukewarm water
- 150 g hard flour
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g butter, chilled
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 100g Nutella
- In a stand mixer’s bowl, add the sugar, yeast and water. Mix to combine.
- Add the all-purpose flour, hard flour and 50 g of butter.
- Beat with the hook attachment for 8-10 minutes, the butter is completely incorporated.
- When the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, it is ready.
- Transfer dough to a bowl dusted with flour, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- When ready, dust a working surface with flour and place dough on it.
- Cut into 4 equal sized pieces and roll out each piece to a 60x20cm sized piece.
- Spread 50 g of the butter, Nutella mixture, at room temperature, over each rolled out piece of dough and cut in half, lengthwise, creating two thin strips.
- Roll one strip into a tight roll and place at the edge of the second strip. Roll second strip over roll.
- Cut roll in half, lengthwise and roll from the side that was cut so that you can see the layers of dough.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Transfer cruffins to a buttered muffin pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F) Fan.
- When ready, remove the towel and bake for 30 minutes on the highest rack in the oven.