This is by far the easiest cake recipe I’ve ever made. While you can obviously use a proper flan tin, a fluted tin or cake tin is perfectly acceptable. From experience, this eats well the day after baking but don’t add the fruit until an hour before serving.
- 4oz Marg
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 dessertspoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbsp mlk
- 5oz Self-Raising flour
- Grease and flour the cake tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- add hot water to a mixing bowl to heat it up, before emptying out and drying
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and whisk on medium to high speed speed for 3 minutes until light and pale.
- Add the batter to the cake tin and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely and decorate with whipped cream and your choice of fresh fruit.