Let’s get one think clear. Muffins are not cupcakes. The biggest difference is that you NEED to have a clumpy mixture. You want to avoid developing gluten at all costs so when I say “gently fold” i mean GENTLY.
- 115g butter
- 170g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 240g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300ml Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Toasted Oats (plus extra for topping)
- 150g – 200g of raspberries (if you’re feeling berry AF, then load up)
- 150g of good white chocolate, cut in chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 12 muffin tin, or 2 6 muffin tins
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together for 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- GENTLY FOLD in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until just combined. Fold in sour cream.
- Carefully fold in raspberries, oats, honey and white chocolate chips
- Distribute the batter among the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the
centerof toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
- For extra Brownie points, create a
rasberrydrizzle with rasberryjuice and icing sugar. Dip the muffins in and sprinkle toasted oats.